Saturday, July 29, 2023

Cascades of White

 The Crepe Myrtle is about finished it's blooming season. It's not a favorite flower of mine and I am not particularly fond of the white ones. Love the Watermelon Red Crepe Myrtle  but the 'tree's here where I live are white. Wouldn't you know it? And, they are huge... tops of them past my third floor balcony so as I sit out there I am greeted by blossoms.

Occasionally I will take a picture (when I run out  of anything to photograph) so I want to share some of those shots with you today. 

This first one I was caught by the 'heart' shape of the cluster of tiny flowers. It was framed since I thought it was special. 






So, now we wait until next Spring when the blossoms will return.

4 comments:

  1. Does the flower have a nice scent?
    Yes, I noticed that I'm not anonymous here. Maybe that will happen over at your other blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Myrtles are not doing well in this area because of the lack of rain! Your's are beautiful!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only have white also! And like you, they are not my favorite. Pink are nicer. Ours are very late this year, just beginning to blossom. But we have tons of blossoms. Yup, no scent! Luckily the Japanese beetles are done here, because they usually are all over the blossoms. I'd prefer oak or maple trees in my yard. But the birds will eat the berries that form after the blossoms. andrea

    ReplyDelete